Useful links

The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents, and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at
Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at
Full details of immigration requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available from Immigration New Zealand, and can be viewed on their website at
New Zealand English Academy(NZEA) has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. Copies of the Code are available from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) website at Copies are also available in each class. The designated person responsible for inquiries about the pastoral care of international students can be found in the “Useful Contacts” section of this handbook.

Other Links


Education New Zealand:
Study in New Zealand:
Ministry of Education:
New Zealand Police:
New Zealand Transport Agency:
Ministry of Social Development:
Child, Youth and Farnily:
Human Rights Commission:
Office of Ethnic Communities:
Tenancy Services:
Family Planning:
Mental Health Foundation:
Citizens Advice Bureau:
New Zealand Drug Foundation:
Harmful gambling:

Sector Bodies

International Education Association (ISANA):
The Schools International Education Business Association (SIEBA):
Universities New Zealand:
English New Zealand:
Independent Tertiary Education New Zealand (itenz):
Independent Tertiary Institutions (ITI):